Sunday, December 27, 2009

Things that will probably replace my Burna Boyz for Combat Patrol

SWAP BURNA BOYZ FOR
Fast Attack: Deffkoptas x3
-all with twin-linked Rokkit Launchas
-equip one with a Bigbomm
PROS: I have the models already from the Black Reach set; Twin-linking the Rokkit Launchas is a good way to counter crappy Ork BS with the low-ROF but high-ST rokkits; adds some real mobility to my otherwise footslogging list for late-game objective contesting; dropping the Large blast template in Combat Patrol sounds like good clean fun
CONS: only 3 of them; unit may be even more fragile than I realize (and I already think it might be heavy on the 'glass' and light on the 'cannon')

OR SWAP BURNA BOYZ FOR
Fast Attack: Warbikers x6
PROS: tons of dakka (18 twin-linked shots sounds nice, even at BS2), love the models, more mobility (see above)
CONS: will have to buy 3 more of the minis; will still need to be rolling 6's on the dakkaguns to even glance AV11

OR SWAP BURNA BOYZ FOR
Elites: Lootas x10
PROS: potentially sick amounts of dakka, 48" range will be brutal in the 4 foot by 4 foot Combat Patrol universe, at ST7 popping light armor will be quite possible
CONS: will be a stationary firebase so LOS will be a huge issue, seems kinda... dull, and dare we say it, responsible, for an Ork list, even with the random ROF

OR SWAP BURNA BOYZ FOR
Elites: Tankbustas x8
-up to two swap Rokkit Launchas for Tankhammers
-w/ Bomb-squigs x3
PROS: stupid fun; killing a Penitent Engine with a 5-point bomb squig would totally make my day; can build them from parts I have on hand
CONS: crappy BS plus only 6 guys firing single shots - on average that'll be 2 hits/turn, but 6 is a really small number of dice so they'll be flukey; will have to model up something for the Tankhammers and my scratchbuilding sucks

1 comment:

  1. Orks are my favorite Blood Bowl team, and the more that I see your Ork army the more than I like them in 40K.

    They are awesome models, and the force configurations are cool, too.
    Don't worry. Those Burnaz will get to ignite their pyro fantasies soon enough.

    ReplyDelete